Monday, February 16, 2009

An original Lullaby

This is an original lullaby recorded for YouTube by Daniela Sings. Though the lullaby is long, parts of it would be perfect for a bedtime lullaby. copyright 2008 Daniela




Psalms 121: 1,6,7

I lift up my eyes to the hills
where does my help come from?

...
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life.



Lullaby-

I know the journey is long
but this distance can only make me stronger
I know there will be tears and smiles and fears
and I'll grow tired at times
but I know
you'll be by my side


So I will lift up my eyes to the sky
where my help comes from,
the only one,
the God of love

the sun will not harm me by day
nor the moon by night
cause I know you'll keep an eye on me
and watch over my life
tuck me in good night
hum your lullaby


I know the journey is long
So I'll wait patiently for that day to come
when I will lay eyes on the king
I will laugh, and dance, and sing with you
and you'll say
"My child you've come a long way,

And every time you looked up and smiled
I'd smile back,
and every tear you shed
I held in my hands
And everyday, and every night
I kept my eyes on you
and tucked you in
and sang good night
and hummed my lullaby
held you when you cried
gave you piece of mind...


you're not alone
you're not alone...
never alone..."

No comments: